Easy Peasy Vegan Buddha Bowls
I looooove Buddha Bowls! They’re super easy to make, delicious and healthy! They can be as simple as you want them to be or as elaborate with many different ingredients. Most of the time, I don’t have hours to cook all the time. This is why meal prepping and having easy ingredients to put together in my Buddha Bowl is super convenient.
I have staples of food in my kitchen that I can combine together very easily to make a vegan meal in 5-10 minutes.
Here’s what I make sure I always have:
– Grains like quinoa, brown rice, basmati rice, cous cous
– Protein sources like chickpeas, various beans (mung beans, kidney beans, black beans, etc.) tofu, vegan meat, various nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews), edamame, etc.
– Greens such as spinach and kale. When I have time I like adding cooked broccoli and bok choy.
– Food with a crunch like cucumbers and tomatoes
– Fruits for added texture and sweetness such as apricots, pears, apples, peaches, etc.
– I always add avocado sprinkled with Tajin spices to all my Buddha Bowls because I love avocados!
For dressing, I usually just create a mix of Olive Oil or Avocado Oil, sea salt, black pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
The ingredients that I can pre-cut and prep beforehand, I do that on Sundays or Mondays and just place them in tupper ware so it’s an easy Grab-and-Go for the week. During the winter months, I add in a lot of root vegetables like sweet potatoes, taro root, purple potatoes, butternut squash, etc. I always pick fruits and vegetables that are fresh for that season. Go to your local Farmers Market to find out what is seasonal so that I mix things up. Most of what you spend your time on is assembling it all together!
Easy peasy right?! I love trying different fruit, veggies and combos. What do you like in your Vegan Buddha Bowls? Let me know in the comments!
Looking for a cooked vegan recipe? Check out my Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Chickpeas Recipe!
Follow me on social media to see all my latest stories and photos:
For exciting info on upcoming events and consciously created content, please SUBSCRIBE HERE!