32 Things I am Grateful for on my 32nd Birthday
Today, June 15, is my 32nd birthday. (That photo above is from last year’s celebration)
I absolutely LOVE my 30s and to celebrate, I thought it would be nice to make a list of 32 things that I am thankful for. Some deep and meaningful while some are just weird and super random. All things I am grateful for. 😊
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
1. My health. I feel healthier that ever before because I’ve made a lifestyle change to eat better, drink less alcohol, sleep more and be more active. I’m also so much more in tune to my body and I can’t party like I used to. Recovery is BRUTAL and takes DAYS! These hangovers definitely feel like death these days.
2. Meditation. It’s helped me calm down the craziness in my head and chill the fuck out. I try to meditate for 10-15 minutes each day right when I wake up. I can go on and on about the benefits, but don’t take my word for it. Google it. Do your research. Give it a try. I used the Headspace app when I first started.
3. Sleep. I used to think sleep was overrated. I took pride in being able to function off very little sleep. Now I value it and have to get 7-8 hours every night. If not, I’m super cranky and have a hard time focusing. Maybe I’m just getting old LOL
4. Having an amazing support system of family and friends who I know love me unconditionally and support me no matter what.
5. Having the inner strength to come out with my #StoryofStrength publicly earlier this year after 21 years of silence.
6. Finally getting over my fear of being in front of the camera again. Check out Mondays with Marian on YouTube! Don’t forget to subscribe. 😊
7. Asian genes. I always hated looking young when I was younger. I always wanted to look older. Now I love when I get carded and people think I’m still in my 20s.
8. My Gratitude Practice. Ever since I started my daily gratitude practice over a year ago, my perspective, outlook and demeanor has changed for the better. Not over night, but gradually. I still have bad days, but they don’t linger for as long as they used to. When it does, I can identify it faster and can usually do something to change it.
9. Having made the decision to move to Miami 3 years ago. If you follow me on Instagram, I post about Miami A LOT! I wake up to gorgeous water and city views and can’t help but feel so blessed that I live here. Moving from LA to Miami was one of my best life decisions.
10. Reggaeton! I have no clue what they are saying because I don’t speak Spanish but I love the beats! There is a vibrant energy to Miami and I swear everyone is always dancing
11. Carmeezy! Family, friend, roommate, travel buddy, my support system and so much more. We were meant to move to Miami together and share all these awesome experiences and memories.
12. Having a place I call home. I love where I live and I love staying in. It feels comfortable, safe and it gives me so much peace.
13. Uber! OMG what a game changer! No more drunk driving, having to find parking and driving in traffic. Uber in Miami is also super cheap too so I’m a frequent rider.
14. Living right by the water. It’s pretty to look at and the water is turquoise and inviting.
15. Boating in Miami. Sandbars and having lots of restaurant spots you can pull up to via boat. What’s not to love?!
16. Hot Power Yoga. After 75 minutes of that intense sweat session, I’m detoxified, cleansed and relaxed.
17. Spin class. It makes working out so much fun!
18. My baby Simba! Even though you have a constant resting bitch face (RBF), I know you love me. Or at least keep me around to feed you, clean your poop and pee and occasionally let me pet you.
19. My 2nd fur baby Missy! She’s a cat-dog and has so much personality. She’s an absolute weirdo and I love her.
20. Books. I have rekindled my love for reading. I can get lost in a book for hours.
21. Podcasts. I have been able to learn from the top entrepreneurs, best-selling authors, scientists, speakers and more all by listening to podcasts. A huge part of my personal growth and development is because I have been listening to podcasts for over 2 years. Some favorites are School of Greatness, Tim Ferriss, The Art of Charm and the MFCEO Project.
22. Pizza… So much deliciousness in a savory thin crusted pie.
23. Donuts. No explanation needed.
24. Warm, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Also, no explanation needed. (I have a sweet tooth if you can’t tell)
25. Whole Foods. It’s one of my favorite places to go to. Seriously… I can spend hours grocery shopping and hanging out there. Whole Foods is my Disneyland.
26. How green and lush Miami is! It rains pretty often and there is greenery everywhere.
27. The super cool thunderstorms that light up the night sky.
28. Living in Downtown Miami… It’s young, vibrant, exciting, and a growing city! It’s like a mini Manhattan but with way better water views. It’s convenient and everything I need is in walking distance or a short Uber ride away.
29. My sister Melanie! I’m so proud of you for moving to NY! You just get me. Even when I can’t even articulate myself or speak gibberish… you always know what I mean. LOL!
30. A.C… That’s short for air conditioning. Because it gets hot and humid AF in Miami.
31. Champagne… I love me some bubbly!
32. YOU! For actually reading this far. That means you must like me enough to read this entire blog post or really bored… Either way… THANK YOU!
What are you grateful for???
Follow me on social media to see all my latest stories and photos:
For exciting info on upcoming events and consciously created content, please SUBSCRIBE HERE!